Guangzhou South Lathe Machine Tools Company Limited locates in Guangzhou Panyu district which is in high technology developing city. The factory covers more than 30000 square meters. It is near to the Guangzhou university Town, in fact just separated by one river. Reaching directly by the subway line No.4 and it is best advantage of fly landing and land transportation convenience. She has over 20 years to design and to manufacture the manual lathe machine, flat bed heavy duty CNC lathe machine, flat bed economic CNC lathe machine, slight slanting bed CNC lathe machine, metal lathe machine, CNC lathe machining center and customized machine for all customers from all over the world.
Characteristics of lathe processing:
1) Lathe processing range is very wide, but it is mainly used for various internal and external rotating surfaces and the processing of its end face;
2) The main movement of lathe processing is the rotational movement of the workpiece, and the feed movement is the longitudinal and transverse movement of the tool
Why choose us?
- 1Guangzhou South Lathe Machine Tools Company Limited was founded in 1984 and is a leading international machine tool supplier in the manufacturing industry, with operations in over 30 countries worldwide. The factory covers an area of over 30000 square meters. We mainly design and manufacture manual lathes, heavy-duty CNC lathes, economical CNC lathes, micro inclined CNC lathes, metal lathes, CNC lathe machining centers, and customized machine tools. Customers can collaborate with our qualified technical personnel to find intelligent solutions for their business. Our mission is to provide the highest level of customer service with the best cost-effectiveness, helping our customers achieve outstanding results.
CNC lathe machines–A Guide to Frequently Asked Questions
1.Can a lathe machine be used for thread cutting?
Yes, a lathe machine can be used for thread cutting. Thread cutting is a machining process that uses a lathe to cut threads into a workpiece. The process involves using a cutting tool to cut a helical groove into the workpiece, which is then followed by a second tool to form the thread.
2.What are the advantages of using a CNC lathe machine?
1. Increased Accuracy: CNC lathes are capable of producing parts with a high degree of accuracy and repeatability. This is due to the fact that the machine is programmed with precise instructions and is able to repeat the same process over and over again.
2. Increased Productivity: CNC lathes are able to produce parts faster than manual lathes, allowing for increased production and shorter lead times.
3. Reduced Labor Costs: CNC lathes require fewer operators than manual lathes, resulting in lower labor costs.
4. Reduced Waste: CNC lathes are able to produce parts with minimal waste, resulting in cost savings.
5. Increased Safety: CNC lathes are equipped with safety features that reduce the risk of injury to operators.
3.How does a lathe machine contribute to precision machining?
A lathe machine is a precision machining tool that is used to shape and form metal and other materials. It is capable of producing highly accurate and precise parts with a high degree of repeatability. The lathe is capable of cutting, drilling, and turning materials to create complex shapes and features. It is also capable of performing a variety of operations such as threading, knurling, and facing. The lathe is an essential tool for precision machining and is used in a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, and medical.
4.How is the speed of a lathe machine controlled?
The speed of a lathe machine is typically controlled by a variable frequency drive (VFD) or a variable speed drive (VSD). The VFD or VSD is connected to the motor of the lathe machine and is used to adjust the speed of the motor. The speed of the motor is then transferred to the spindle of the lathe machine, which in turn controls the speed of the lathe machine.
5.What are the common materials that can be machined using a lathe?
Common materials that can be machined using a lathe include: aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, steel, stainless steel, titanium, plastic, wood, and composites.
6.How is a cnc lathe machines different from other machining tools?
A cnc lathe machines is a type of machining tool that is used to shape and cut materials such as metal, wood, and plastic. It is different from other machining tools because it uses a rotating workpiece to shape the material, while other machining tools use cutting tools to shape the material. Lathes are also capable of performing a variety of operations, such as drilling, boring, and threading, while other machining tools are limited to specific operations.
7.What are the limitations of a conventional lathe machine?
1. Limited cutting speed: Conventional lathes have limited cutting speed, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
2. Limited cutting depth: Conventional lathes have limited cutting depth, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
3. Limited tooling options: Conventional lathes have limited tooling options, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
4. Limited accuracy: Conventional lathes have limited accuracy, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
5. Limited automation: Conventional lathes have limited automation, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
6. Limited spindle speed: Conventional lathes have limited spindle speed, which can be a limitation when machining certain materials.
8.What is the purpose of a tailstock on a lathe machine?
The tailstock on a lathe machine is used to support the end of a workpiece that is too long to fit between the headstock and the tool post. It can also be used to hold cutting tools, such as drills and reamers, for operations such as drilling and reaming.
9.What safety precautions should be followed when operating a cnc lathe machines?
1. Wear appropriate safety gear, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, and a face shield.
2. Make sure the lathe is properly secured to the floor or workbench.
3. Ensure that the workpiece is properly secured in the chuck or other holding device.
4. Make sure the cutting tool is sharp and properly adjusted.
5. Keep hands and clothing away from the cutting area.
6. Make sure the lathe is turned off when not in use.
7. Make sure the lathe is properly lubricated and maintained.
8. Make sure the work area is well-lit and free of debris.
9. Make sure the lathe is not overloaded.
10. Make sure the lathe is not operated in an area with combustible materials.
10.What are the primary operations that can be performed on a lathe?
1. Turning: This is the most common operation performed on a lathe. It involves rotating a workpiece against a cutting tool to create a cylindrical shape.
2. Facing: This operation is used to create a flat surface on the end of a workpiece.
3. Drilling: This operation is used to create a hole in the workpiece.
4. Boring: This operation is used to enlarge an existing hole in the workpiece.
5. Threading: This operation is used to create internal or external threads on the workpiece.
6. Knurling: This operation is used to create a pattern of ridges on the workpiece.
7. Parting: This operation is used to separate a workpiece into two parts.
11.How is the tool changed in a quick-change toolpost on a cnc lathe machines?
The tool is changed by loosening the locking lever on the toolpost, sliding the toolpost to the desired position, and then tightening the locking lever. The tool is then inserted into the toolholder and secured with the appropriate clamping mechanism.
12.How is the feed rate controlled in a lathe machine?
The feed rate in a lathe machine is typically controlled by a feed rate dial or lever. This allows the operator to adjust the speed at which the cutting tool moves along the workpiece. The feed rate can also be adjusted by changing the spindle speed.
Tags: 500mm Swing Over Bed Manual Lathe
Post time: 2023-12-07