Guangzhou South Lathe Machine Tools Company Limited is a manufacturer of CNC equipment and automation equipment that integrates research and development, design, production, sales, and after-sales service. We have precision machining equipment and top-notch precision testing equipment both domestically and internationally, as well as a comprehensive quality assurance system. We rely on high-quality products, good reputation, and excellent pre-sales and after-sales service.
Characteristics of lathe processing:
1) Lathe processing range is very wide, but it is mainly used for various internal and external rotating surfaces and the processing of its end face;
2) The main movement of lathe processing is the rotational movement of the workpiece, and the feed movement is the longitudinal and transverse movement of the tool
Why choose us?
- 1Guangzhou South Lathe Machine Tools Company Limited was founded in 1984 and is a leading international machine tool supplier in the manufacturing industry, with operations in over 30 countries worldwide. The factory covers an area of over 30000 square meters. We mainly design and manufacture manual lathes, heavy-duty CNC lathes, economical CNC lathes, micro inclined CNC lathes, metal lathes, CNC lathe machining centers, and customized machine tools. Customers can collaborate with our qualified technical personnel to find intelligent solutions for their business. Our mission is to provide the highest level of customer service with the best cost-effectiveness, helping our customers achieve outstanding results.
CNC machine lathe–A Guide to Frequently Asked Questions
1.How is a lathe machine used in turning operations?
A lathe machine is used in turning operations to shape a workpiece by rotating it against a cutting tool. The cutting tool is held in a tool post and is fed into the rotating workpiece to remove material and create the desired shape. The lathe can also be used to create threads, grooves, and other features on the workpiece.
2.How is the feed rate controlled in a lathe machine?
The feed rate in a lathe machine is typically controlled by a feed rate dial or lever. This allows the operator to adjust the speed at which the cutting tool moves along the workpiece. The feed rate can also be adjusted by changing the spindle speed.
3.How is the cutting tool secured in a lathe machine?
The cutting tool is typically secured in a lathe machine by a tool holder, which is clamped into the tool post. The tool holder is designed to hold the cutting tool securely in place while the lathe is in operation.
4.What is the purpose of a tailstock on a lathe machine?
The tailstock on a lathe machine is used to support the end of a workpiece that is too long to fit between the headstock and the tool post. It can also be used to hold cutting tools, such as drills and reamers, for operations such as drilling and reaming.
5.How is the speed of a lathe machine controlled?
The speed of a lathe machine is typically controlled by a variable frequency drive (VFD) or a variable speed drive (VSD). The VFD or VSD is connected to the motor of the lathe machine and is used to adjust the speed of the motor. The speed of the motor is then transferred to the spindle of the lathe machine, which in turn controls the speed of the lathe machine.
6.What are the common accessories used with a lathe machine?
1. Lathe Chuck: Used to hold the workpiece in place while it is being machined.
2. Lathe Dog: Used to hold the workpiece in place while it is being machined.
3. Lathe Centers: Used to support the workpiece while it is being machined.
4. Lathe Cutters: Used to shape the workpiece.
5. Lathe Faceplate: Used to mount the workpiece to the lathe.
6. Lathe Steady Rest: Used to support the workpiece while it is being machined.
7. Lathe Follow Rest: Used to support the workpiece while it is being machined.
8. Lathe Tool Post: Used to hold the cutting tools in place.
9. Lathe Carriage: Used to move the cutting tool across the workpiece.
10. Lathe Tailstock: Used to support the workpiece while it is being machined.
7.What are the different types of lathe machines?
1. Engine Lathe: This is the most common type of lathe machine and is used for a wide variety of operations such as turning, facing, threading, and drilling.
2. Turret Lathe: This type of lathe is used for mass production and is equipped with a turret that can hold multiple cutting tools.
3. CNC Lathe: This type of lathe is computer-controlled and is used for complex operations such as contouring and threading.
4. Special-Purpose Lathe: This type of lathe is designed for specific operations such as woodturning, metal spinning, and engraving.
5. Bench Lathe: This type of lathe is small and portable and is used for light-duty operations such as hobby work.
8.What is the application of a machining center?
The machining center can meet various demands of parts and operations, which include drilling, milling, boring, threading and reaming. The operation of the machining center will depend on how the machine will be configured, which will be decisive for the efficiency of the machining.
9.What safety precautions should be followed when operating a cnc machine lathe?
1. Wear appropriate safety gear, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, and a face shield.
2. Make sure the lathe is properly secured to the floor or workbench.
3. Ensure that the workpiece is properly secured in the chuck or other holding device.
4. Make sure the cutting tool is sharp and properly adjusted.
5. Keep hands and clothing away from the cutting area.
6. Make sure the lathe is turned off when not in use.
7. Make sure the lathe is properly lubricated and maintained.
8. Make sure the work area is well-lit and free of debris.
9. Make sure the lathe is not overloaded.
10. Make sure the lathe is not operated in an area with combustible materials.
10.Can a lathe machine be used for both metal and wood turning?
Yes, a lathe machine can be used for both metal and wood turning. However, the type of tooling and cutting speeds used will vary depending on the material being worked on.
11.What are the different types of lathe chucks?
1. Three-Jaw Self-Centering Chuck: This type of chuck is the most common and is used for general-purpose work. It has three jaws that move in unison to grip the workpiece.
2. Four-Jaw Independent Chuck: This type of chuck has four jaws that can be adjusted independently to grip the workpiece. It is used for more precise work and is often used for holding odd-shaped pieces.
3. Collet Chuck: This type of chuck uses a collet to grip the workpiece. It is used for very precise work and is often used for holding small parts.
4. Faceplate Chuck: This type of chuck is used for holding large and irregularly shaped pieces. It is mounted to the faceplate of the lathe and the workpiece is secured to the faceplate with bolts.
5. Magnetic Chuck: This type of chuck uses a magnetic field to hold the workpiece in place. It is used for holding ferrous materials and is often used for grinding operations.
Tags: Manual Lathe Machine , swiss type cnc lathe machine
Post time: 2023-12-13