Guangzhou South CNC Machine Tools company is a large private enterprise which produces series lathe machine professionally. We have strong technical team from the state-owned large-scale machine tool production enterprises and our flexible management mechanism provides them space to give fully to play talents. Mean while we have a number of new large-scale processing equipment, such as CNC grinding machines center, grinders with CNC guide rail. Imported 5-axis CNC vertical and horizontal machining center, which was from Spain and gear noise detection equipment etc. Through more than years of development, the company can make more CNC lathe machine, manual lathe machine and so on and sells about 10000 sets per year. The company owns gear factory, machining factory, assembly factory and CNC machine tool plant, also the heat treatment plant.
With the lathe machine technology developments, now there are more models are populiar in the market.
1) manual lathe machine, generally it was populiar before when there is no controller or the controller is not stable. in the current days the manual lathe is only for small quantity parts manufacturing.
2) flat bed cnc lathe machine for heavy duty machining, mostly it is for roughing machining and middle quality machining, but for this kind of machine, it is not convinent for chip removal.
3) with more and more experience for the machining, several years ago, the slanting bed machine was designed and made. this kind of cnc lathe machine is accepted and populiar by the market. it is better for more quantity parts as it is moving fast and machining fast.
mini lathe machine–A Guide to Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is a lathe machine?
A lathe machine is a machine tool used for shaping metal, wood, or other materials by rotating a workpiece on its axis against a cutting tool. It is used to create cylindrical parts, as well as other shapes, by cutting, drilling, sanding, or knurling the workpiece.
2.How is the cutting depth adjusted in a lathe machine?
The cutting depth is adjusted in a lathe machine by adjusting the tool post height. The tool post height is adjusted by turning the tool post handwheel, which moves the tool post up or down. The cutting depth is then adjusted by moving the tool post to the desired height.
3.How is the tool changed in a quick-change toolpost on a lathe machine?
The tool is changed by loosening the locking lever on the toolpost, sliding the toolpost to the desired position, and then tightening the locking lever. The tool is then inserted into the toolholder and secured with the appropriate clamping mechanism.
4.How do you measure and set the cutting speed on a lathe machine?
The cutting speed on a lathe machine is typically measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). The cutting speed is determined by the material being cut, the size and shape of the cutting tool, and the desired finish. To set the cutting speed, the operator must adjust the spindle speed of the lathe. This is typically done by adjusting the speed control knob on the lathe.
5.Can a lathe machine be used for non-cylindrical turning?
Yes, a lathe machine can be used for non-cylindrical turning. Lathes are capable of performing a variety of operations, including turning, facing, grooving, threading, and drilling. Non-cylindrical turning operations can include tapers, angles, and contours.
6.What safety precautions should be followed when operating a lathe machine?
1. Wear appropriate safety gear, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, and a face shield.
2. Make sure the lathe is properly secured to the floor or workbench.
3. Ensure that the workpiece is properly secured in the chuck or other holding device.
4. Make sure the cutting tool is sharp and properly adjusted.
5. Keep hands and clothing away from the cutting area.
6. Make sure the lathe is turned off when not in use.
7. Make sure the lathe is properly lubricated and maintained.
8. Make sure the work area is well-lit and free of debris.
9. Make sure the lathe is not overloaded.
10. Make sure the lathe is not operated in an area with combustible materials.
7.What are the main components of a lathe machine?
1. Bed: The bed is the main structural component of the lathe and provides a stable base for all other components.
2. Headstock: The headstock houses the spindle, which is the rotating shaft that holds the cutting tool.
3. Tailstock: The tailstock is a movable support that holds the workpiece in place while it is being machined.
4. Carriage: The carriage is a movable platform that holds the cutting tool and moves it along the length of the workpiece.
5. Leadscrew: The leadscrew is a threaded rod that is used to move the carriage along the bed.
6. Feed Rod: The feed rod is used to move the cutting tool in and out of the workpiece.
7. Tool Post: The tool post is a platform that holds the cutting tool in place.
8. Chuck: The chuck is a device that holds the workpiece in place while it is being machined.
8.How is a lathe machine different from other machining tools?
A lathe machine is a type of machining tool that is used to shape and cut materials such as metal, wood, and plastic. It is different from other machining tools because it uses a rotating workpiece to shape the material, while other machining tools use cutting tools to shape the material. Lathes are also capable of performing a variety of operations, such as drilling, boring, and threading, while other machining tools are limited to specific operations.
9.How does a lathe machine work?
A lathe machine is a machine tool that rotates a workpiece about an axis of rotation to perform various operations such as cutting, sanding, knurling, drilling, deformation, facing, and turning, with tools that are applied to the workpiece to create an object with symmetry about that axis. The workpiece is held in place by either a chuck, a faceplate, or a tailstock, which is a device that holds the end of the workpiece in place. The cutting tool is then applied to the workpiece, which is rotated at a predetermined speed. As the cutting tool moves along the workpiece, it removes material to create the desired shape. The speed of the cutting tool is adjusted to achieve the desired finish.
10.What is the significance of the carriage in a lathe machine?
The carriage in a lathe machine is a part of the machine that holds the cutting tool and moves it along the length of the workpiece. It is used to control the cutting speed and depth of the cut, as well as to move the cutting tool to different positions on the workpiece. The carriage is an essential part of the lathe machine, as it allows for precise and accurate cutting.
Tags: metal lathe machine
Post time: 2023-11-24